Are you using Twitter For Marketing?
Each online marketer who finds himself respectable or who is online for several months has a Twitter account nowadays; there’s no question about that.
But are they all using Twitter to its maximum potential AND, more important are they all at least using it THE RIGHT WAY?
Hmmm…. I don’t think so! 😥
To be honest with you, when I first learned about Twitter, about two years ago, I didn’t see it’s potential; I even didn’t like it that much. It was a queer thing for me to send a short 140 character message multiple times a day to tell people what I had been up to. So I didn’t use it that much at first… and I certainly did not use it the right way…
Another “problem” I had was that the number of followers started growing, so it was impossible to keep up with the endless flow of messages from all the other people.
To cut it short, I did not see Twitters potential and I did not know how to use it in a practical way without spending hours and hours on it…
Maybe you feel or felt the same way, and I understand it exactly 😉
But since I’ve understood how it works, I’m sharing with you some ideas and some useful Twitter applications that’ll make your Twitter experience such a pleasurable one and maybe most important will give you a way of using Twitter for marketing (without spamming other peoples accounts!)
You can use these resources to make your Twitter experience more productive and a great leverage of your time.
CAUTION !!! “When you read further from this point, you might end up being a Twitter Addict… So take it easy and brace yourself.”
Okay, since you’re willing to take the risk, read the overview for 10 Useful Twitter Applications:
- SocialOomph (used to be www.TweetLater.com) – Personally I use this to send automated Twitter welcome messages to new followers. There are many more things you can get from SocialOomph, check out the site for it.There are some bozos who use this tool to spam by sending their affiliate links on the welcome message. Don’t be one of them!! This is totally useless AND it will surely ruin your reputation.
→ “Remember with Twitter or any social networking site, you are creating relationships more than anything, so don’t ever spam!”
- TweetDeck – This cool tool makes it super easy for you to follow people you are interested in. This allows you to group people which makes their messages organized and easy for you to read along.
They say TweetDeck is like the air traffic control for Twitter. With this great tool, you can connect with Facebook and MySpace friends through status updates, video and photo posts, comments, or voting and following your friends as they are placed in columns, to keep track of what they are doing.
There is a similar service to TweetDeck, named HootSuite. The advantage of this service is that it is completely webbased.
Find more about it on my post about HootSuite!
- Twellow is Twitter’s yellow pages directory, one of the useful Twitter applications you’ll surely love. This is the directory of Twitter accounts with hundreds of categories and advanced search features to find those people who really matter.
There are many things you can do with Twellow. You can update your Twellow profile and categories as well as add links to your social media profiles. You can also come up with extended bio profiles and add all the links you want. It’s never too hard to follow anyone you are interested in with Twellow and the best part is that it also comes with free registration.
- Twollo is a keyword-based tool that automates the process of getting more targeted Twitter followers than you can possibly imagine. A very useful application that you can setup and forget. Once it’s set up it keeps running and working in the background without you lifting a finger.
- BubbleTweet is the cool tool that allows you to drop little friendly video notes to your Twitter followers, making it easier for you to have as many followers as you want with a Video Bubble Tweet.
- TwitterFriendAdder – This tool is very helpful in targeting specific followers. This allows you to easily remove and add Twitter followers as you want.
There are other tools that can do this but if you want to do it fast and easy, you can get TwitterFriendAdder. This tool saves you a lot of time, you can find more information on this page.
- Twitter Karma – This is another tool that lets you remove and add followers. It’s one of the useful Twitter applications that are free but there’s a limitation to it. When you start having many Twitter followers, it takes a very, very long time to do so…
- TwitPic – This cool tool allows you to share your pictures on Twitter. Very cool!
- TwitterCounter – This highly informative tool let’s you know at a glance the number of followers, friends, and number of updates. This would truly help you in comparing one account with another.
- TwitterGrader – This great tool helps you gauge the power of your Twittering. With this tool, you can check on the power leveraged by your Twitter profile. It also includes the number of followers, these followers’ power, and the level to which you engage in a community.
This is merely an overview of some very useful Twitter applications I personally use. As said before these tools will help you a lot when you are using twitter for marketing.
This list is not all there is to it, there are much more twitter applications out there, but these 10 applications are very good and practical.
When you find this post helpful and you want more information like this, you can leave your name and email address in the boxes below. We’ll send you more information you’ll be interested in.
You can also bookmark this page to look back to when you’re in need of a great resource and you can tweet it by using the green button on the top of this page.
Till Next Time,