The whole world is all agog with the upcoming royal wedding of the year.
With just a little over a week from now, second-in-line to the British throne, Prince William, will finally wed his longtime girlfriend Kate Middleton.
All eyes will be watching and it seems that the world is taken by storm with everything royal. Well, I couldn’t blame them. Wouldn’t you want to be a little bit royal at least once in your life? Oh, to be a prince and a princess for a day!
But what makes royalty royal in the truest sense of the word is how they act out the part. Good etiquette. As we all know, royalty is known for their unending protocols, good manners, and right conduct at every given situation. They just seem to know how to do things properly – sit, stand, handshake, wave, and smile. I am guessing it’s really a tough job but if you’ve been raised in this kind of environment all your life it just becomes second nature; effortless.
But just because we are commoners we can’t be at least have royal manners, right? I mean, we couldn’t possibly claim to be a blue blood but we could at least learn good etiquette especially in the digital era.
I read an interesting article recently in Reader’s Digest about having good etiquette in the digital era.
Here are some of the questions posted in this article:
- Is it appropriate to use emoticons and abbreviations in official e-mail?
- Is it acceptable for the boss to send you a text message late at night?
- What should you do when your boss wants to befriend you on Facebook?
- Should employees be using their mobile phones during a meeting?
- Should Facebook or Twitter be a place to (a) start an argument or (b) declare your love?
- Can I update my Facebook page or Twitter feeds or reply to an SMS or e-mail, when I am out with my friends?
I’ll leave you with these questions on having good etiquette in the digital era to think about and we’ll discuss it some more in my next post.
Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below. If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to share, retweet, or bookmark! Thank you!
To Your Success,